-->

23/02/2015

Happy Chinese New Year!

This has been a crazy incredible week! For the first time ever I joined a Chinese New Year celebration!
Plus, I got an amazing present as well!
Er...well, actually I just opened the door of my room and I found a small red envelope and a small package which ( I discovered later) was a fortune biscuit, a gift from my super-sweet friends!


Ho appena trascorso una settimana incredibile! Per la prima volta ho avuto modo di celebrare il famosissimo Capodanno Cinese!
Inoltre, ho ricevuto anche un meraviglioso regalo!
Ehm...beh, in realtà ho soltanto aperto la porta e ho trovato una piccola busta rossa e un pacchetto che ( ho scoperto in seguito) conteneva un biscotto della fortuna, un regalo da parte delle mie dolcissime amiche! 


Chinese New Year was on Thursday 19th of February and the celebration here in London occurred on Sunday on Trafalgar Square. This year is the year of the Sheep, the eighth sign of the 12-year-cycle of animals which appear in the Chinese Calendar.

Il nuovo anno è iniziato il 19 Febbrario e le dovute celebrazioni, invece, si sono tenute Domenica a Trafalgar Square. Quest'anno è l'anno della Pecora, l'ottavo segno di un ciclo di animali previsto per 12 anni nel Calendario cinese. 

London hosted a Chinese New Year Celebration, considered as the biggest outside Asia. I was so curious and despite of the fact that I slept only 4 hours and the weather was awful I joined the celebration with my friend. And it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Il Capodanno Cinese londinese è considerato il più grande al di fuori del continente asiatico. Ero così curiosa che, nonostante il freddo e il fatto che avessi dormito solo 4 ore, ho deciso di unirmi alle celebrazioni insieme alla mia amica. Ed è stato F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-C-O!













 

With all my heart,
- C.L 

No comments:

Post a Comment